Here's a pizza concept that delivers a whack load of healthy fats, my smoked salmon avocado arugula pizza with a goat cheese sauce. You get the omega-3s from the salmon, the monounsaturated fats from the avocado, while using goat cheese for the sauce and binding cheese, which is less reactive for people with sensitivities to dairy (like me!). Because you use a lot of fresh ingredients you don't want to get cooked through, most of the toppings get added at the end, but that just adds to the uniqueness of the pizza.
Goat Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup soft goat cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk beverage (*Or any non-dairy milk.) (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1½ tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Large pinch fine sea salt
- One batch of Lupin Flour Sourdough Pizza Crusts OR keto cheesy pizza crusts OR keto cauliflower pizza crusts
- ⅓ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup goat mozzarella cheese, grated (*Or regular mozzarella if unavailable.)
- 200g cold smoked salmon
- ½ small avocado, thinly sliced
- One handful fresh baby arugula/rocket
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained (*optional)
- Lemon Pepper, to taste
Prepare your chosen pizza crust according to the directions. Preheat oven to 450F (or maintain heat at 350F for sourdough pizza crusts). In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese with the dill, crushed garlic and salt. Mix well.
Spread on the goat cheese sauce. Cook in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes (or 17-20 minutes for sourdough pizza crust) or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Remove pizza from oven. Top with the salmon slices, avocado and arugula/rocket leaves. Sprinkle with lemon pepper and capers (if using) and serve.
Did you make this keto smoked salmon avocado arugula pizza with goat cheese sauce recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)