Winter is upon us! And what better way to take the edge off the cold than with a deliciously creamy low-carb AND sugar-free hot chocolate. If making it as a simple treat, make the straight recipe, but if you need a bit of extra fat and protein, add the keto add-ins below to round out your macros.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or any nut milk)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (*Swap with coconut cream to make it vegan.)
- 2 tablespoons granulated erythritol
- 3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 20 drops vanilla-flavoured liquid stevia
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
Optional Keto Add-ins
- 2 tablespoons MCT oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons collagen powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (on top of the rest in the above recipe)
Set a small pot onto a low heat with your almond (or any nut) milk and heavy cream (To make this dairy free - use some coconut cream). While it's heating up, place the rest of your ingredients into a blender (including the keto add-ins is using).
When your milk mixture is bubbling slightly, take it off the flame and pour the contents into your blender.
Blend for about a minute to get it nice and frothy.
Pour into 2 mugs and serve with a keto marshmallow, or keto whipped cream and sprinkle with shaved shape-as-you-like keto chocolate (or unsweetened chocolate), or even a drizzle of \smooth natural peanut butter. If making it keto, stick to whipped coconut cream and shaved shape-as-you-like keto chocolate. Enjoy!