If you're down with the keto lifestyle and haven't yet made a baked Brie, you're missing out! It's a crowd-pleasing dish for parties that always gets finished. And there are lots of different variations, both savoury and sweet, for every taste. I've included a few variations here for you to try. The one pictured here on the right is one made with cranberry sauce and chopped almonds.
Jalapeño-Pecan Baked Brie Recipe
Cranberry Walnut Baked Brie (perfect for the holidays!)
Keto Blackberry-Almond Baked Brie Recipe
Raspberry Hazelnut Baked Brie
Garlic Herb Baked Brie
Balsamic Strawberry Basil Brie
Each of these recipes is made with an 8oz wheel of Brie and have the same baking/serving instructions (except for Balsamic Strawberry Basil)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place the cheese on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil, or in a small baking dish. (*Or an actual baked Brie dish!). With a thin sharp knife, make gridlike cuts in the cheese, 3 or 4 in each direction, about ½ inch to 1 inch apart and going about 1 inch deep into the cheese but without cutting through the bottom rind.
(*Note: If really you don't like the rind, you can simply take off the entire top, but personally I like the texture it adds, and who wants to waste perfectly good cheese anyway? If you're feeling lazy or you're short on time, you can dispense with the grid cuts as long as you're not doing the garlic herb recipe; they're just meant to make it easier to scoop up the cheese through the rind, but you can just do it with a spoon instead.)
- Assemble the Brie wheel toppings according to your chosen recipe's directions.
- Bake 10-20 minutes or until it starts to ooze but not melt. (*The first time you make it, keep an eye on it rather than just relying on amount of specific time as oven temperatures can vary so widely and you definitely don't want to melt the whole wheel of Brie in the process.) If you prefer to use a microwave, set it on high for 1 minute to start then add 20 second increments until you get it to the right consistency. It shouldn't take more than 1:15-1:45, depending on the power of your microwave.
- Serve with flax crackers sliced keto rolls/bread
Below are the topping ingredients and assembly instructions for the various recipes.
- Top the wheel with jalapeño pepper jelly then sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Top the wheel with cranberry sauce then add chopped walnuts. Sprinkle cinnamon over all when ready to serve.
- Top the wheel with blackberry chia jam then add slivered almonds. Sprinkle cinnamon over all before serving.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon flaky salt (either Maldon or Fleur de Sel)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans or chopped walnuts
Use your knife tip to "open" each cut of your grid and your fingers to press a little sliver of garlic into each cut.
Combine the olive oil with the thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a small dish. Spread thickly on top of the cheese then follow baking directions above.
- ⅓ cup keto raspberry chia jam
- ¼ cup raw hazelnuts, chopped (*slivered almonds or pecans also work)
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg (*ground cardamom also works)
- Top the wheel with raspberry chia jam then add chopped hazelnuts or slivered almonds. Sprinkle nutmeg (or cardamom) before serving.
- 1½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, minced
- ¼ chopped pecans
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together balsamic vinegar with sliced strawberries and stir to coat the strawberries. Allow to sit in the fridge while you bake the Brie according to instructions above.
Remove strawberries from fridge and stir in fresh basil and pecans.
Top Brie with strawberry mixture. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper before serving.
Which are your favourite kinds of baked Brie toppings? Please share in the comments or if you make one of these variations, let me know how it goes. If you post pics on Instagram, please tag me so I can see your creation. :)