Sometimes I'll make tacos only to find that I have extra toppings left over, but don't feel like making more tortillas just to use it all up. Enter the taco cabbage skillet. Fry up your chosen ground meat with a little keto ketchup and taco seasoning, combine with salsa, cheese, etc, bake and top with all your leftover toppings.
Keto Taco Cabbage Skillet Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, divided
- 1b lean ground beef or chicken
- ½ teaspoon kosher sea salt, or to taste
- 3½ teaspoons keto taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons keto ketchup
- ¾ cup keto salsa
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 1½ cups your choice of blend of grated hard cheese, divided (*I used manchego and goat mozzarella to avoid cow's dairy.)
- Keto guacamole (or chopped avocado)
- Roma tomato, chopped
- Cilantro, chopped
- Sour cream
Using a steamer basket, steam the cabbage for 5-6 minutes, or until tender but not soft (it will cook more in the oven). Preheat oven to 350F.. While the cabbage is cooking, add 1 tablespoon avocado oil to a large skillet and heat to medium. Add ground beef or chicken, keto ketchup and taco seasoning and cook until browned. Remove from heat.
Add steamed cabbage, salsa, and green onions. Toss until you get an even mixture. Then stir in ¾ cup of cheese. Top with remaining cheese.
Put in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted, bubbly and golden at the edges. Serve garnished with chopped tomato, avocado, green onions and/or cilantro and serve with a dollop sour cream (and/or guacamole).
Did you try this keto taco cabbage skillet out? If so, let me know how it went in the comments, or tag me in any photos you share on Instagram so I can see your creation.