I wanted to come up with a dip that had a similar base consistency to a guacamole with avocado and herbs, but added more protein to make it more satiating. This keto-friendly avocado tofu dip introduces tofu for the protein, along with raw cider vinegar, yogurt and nutritional yeast to tang it up a bit and mask taste of the tofu that sometimes can dominate. I designed the dip to be versatile so you can flavour it with any herbs and spices you like and make it your own no matter what the occasion.
Keto Avocado Tofu Dip Recipe
- 2 medium avocados, coarsely chopped
- 175g firm or extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons raw cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons homemade creamy coconut yogurt (*May sub with homemade high-fat yogurt if not vegan.)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt (or to taste)
- ½-1 teaspoon mild chili powder (*Feel free to swap with any mixed spice blend that inspires you.)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin (*Feel free to swap to any appropriate spice that works with the spice blend you choose.)
- Black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
- Hot sauce, if desired (*May sub with any flavour sauce like Worcestershire, coconut aminos, tamari soy sauce, sriracha, etc to make it your own.)
- Water, as needed for consistency
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish.
- 1 small plum tomato, peeled, seeded and finely chopped, saving a little for garnish (*May omit if preferred.)
- ¼-⅓ cup your choice of fresh herbs, plus more for garnish (*I used chives, cilantro and oregano.)
Process the avocado, tofu, cider vinegar, yogurt, garlic, nutritional yeast, olive oil, hot sauce, salt and pepper. to the avocado and tofu mixture. Blend until well combined in a blender or food processor, using water to thin it out to your desired consistency as needed.
Transfer the mixture to a medium-sized bowl and fold in the tomato and herbs. Place the mixture in a serving bowl. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with spices you've used in the dip along with reserved tomato and fresh herbs reserved for garnish. Serve with cut veggies, keto crackers, keto bread, or pork rinds. with Store in an air tight glass container in the fridge.
Did you make this vegan keto avocado tofu dip recipe? Please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)