For those occasions when you’re craving buffalo wings, but don’t feel like going through the effort of prepping and cleaning them, this keto-friendly buffalo chicken dip can be whipped up in a flash as a snack or party appy, served up with celery or carrot stakes for the perfect dipping combo.
Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (*Or use homemade vegan butter for dairy-free.)
- ¼ cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt (or to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2½ cups cooked shredded chicken
- ½ cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- ¼ cup homemade high-fat yogurt (*Or coconut cream for dairy-free.)
- ½ cup white mild cheddar or manchego, grated (*Omit for dairy-free.)
- ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- Green onions, thinly sliced (for garnish, if desired)
- Blue cheese crumbles (for garnish, if desired)
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onions, garlic, salt and pepper and sauté until softened.
Reduce heat to low then stir in chicken, mayo, yogurt, and cheese (if using). Cool until heated through and cheese has melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool 2-3 minutes.
Did you make this low-carb, keto buffalo chicken dip recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)