Jello fruit salad is a popular American salad at big family celebrations like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc. I've retooled the traditional recipe (which is pretty unhealthy) to make it a delicious, keto-friendly sweet salad that can be enjoyed by all, using my fruit and herb infused jello recipe as the base. It's an easy dish to make that will make your guests swoon! Bonus: This also works well for carb-ups if you swap a high-fat yogurt for a fat-free Greek yogurt.
Keto Jello Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 cup high-fat yogurt sour cream or creme fraiche (*Use keto coconut milk yogurt for vegan or use a 0% fat Greek yogurt for a carb-up.)
- ¼ teaspoon liquid stevia or 1 tablespoon keto maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 batch fruit and herb infused jello, cut into bite-sized cubes (*Use agar agar version for vegan.)
- 2 cups low carb berries (i.e blueberries, raspberries, cranberries, blackberries or diced strawberries) (*Feel free to swap in higher carb fruits if doing a carb up.)
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, or pumpkin seeds, toasted (set some aside for garnish) (Use a higher carb nut like pistachios or cashews reduce by half, and only use as a garnish for a carb-up.)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted, for garnish
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped (*set some aside for garnish)
In a small bowl, mix together yogurt, sweetener, and vanilla.
In a large mixing bowl, combine jello pieces, fruit, yogurt sauce, nuts and mint leaves (setting some aside of the last two for garnish). Stir gently until the yogurt sauce coats the berries and gelatin evenly. Store in the fridge until ready to serve. Serve garnished with reserved nuts and mint leaves.
Did you make this keto/carb-up jello fruit salad recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)