Mushroom caps are an easy, yet impressive-looking appy that can be whipped up in a number of Keto-friendly ways for all different tastes. Here are a few ways you can try.
Keto Mushroom Cap Recipes
- A package of white mushrooms
- A keto-friendly sauce or spread of your choice
- Any other meat or veggie topping desired
- Hard, aged cheese (like Parmesan, cheddar, manchego or a salty cheese like feta, blue cheese or cotija can also work) finely grated or crumbled (regular or vegan)
Filling Ingredient Ideas:
Pizza Mushroom Caps
- Keto marinara sauce
- Small piece of pepperoni, bacon or sausage (*Standard or vegan)
- Parmesan cheese (*Or vegan cheese)
Pesto Mushroom Caps
- Keto pesto sauce (*Made vegan or with cheese.)
- Small nut or seed (like pine nut, pistachio, or pumpkin seed)
- Sprinkle of extra cheese (same one used in pesto - or use vegan cheese)
Herbed Goat or Cream Cheese Mushroom Caps
- Herbed cream or goat cheese (*May also use any spread recipe that incorporates cream or goat cheese like my keto sardine goat cheese spread or my Keto smoked salmon cheese spread).
- Top with fresh herbs (after removing from oven)
Preheat oven to broil. Remove the stems from your mushrooms. Spoon a small amount of your chosen sauce or spread into the mushroom cap, leaving room for other toppings.
Add any additional meat or veggie topping them sprinkle with the cheese.
Put the mushroom caps on a baking sheet and into the oven for 2-3 minutes until cheese has melted.
Remove from oven and allow to cool a 5-7 minutes. Add any additional herbs if desired then serve.
Did you try making any of these Keto mushroom cap recipes? If so, please let me know how they turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)