I have a few dip recipes made with a roast eggplant, like baba ghanoush, eggplant caviar, melitzanosalata, even a vegan dill pickle dip but with the abundance of zucchini I got from the farmer's market, I thought why not do the same with zucchini? This zucchini nut and herb dip was inspired by my recent explorations into middle eastern cuisine, using herbs and spices like sumac, cardamom, mint and parsley. I decided to use a mix of roast nuts as well to bring up the healthy fats along with the flavour.
Keto Middle East Inspired Roast Zucchini, Nut and Herb Dip Recipe
- 1 lb zucchini, chopped
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- ½ cup roast macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup cashews shews, roasted
- 2 tablespoons roast pistachios
- 1 teaspoon hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried sumac
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ cup mix of fresh basil, mint and parsley, chopped, plus a little extra for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425F. Cut the ends off the zucchini, and cut into chunks. Toss the zucchini and garlic cloves with avocado oil and kosher sea salt on a baking sheet lined with a silicon mat, and spread the zucchini out so they have a little space around each piece. Roast in the oven around 12-15 minutes or until they are a little golden brown on the edges. Allow to cool.
Blend the roasted zucchini with all the ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender until desired consistency of nuts and herbs is achieved. Just pulse a few times if you prefer it chunky, or set to purée if you prefer it smooth. Taste and adjust salt, pepper and lemon juice, if needed. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving with keto crackers, keto bread, keto tortilla chips or pork rinds or cut veggies. Makes around 1½ cups. Store unused portions in the fridge.
Did you make this keto middle east inspired roast zucchini, nut and herb dip recipe? If so, please let me know how it turned out in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)