Brussels sprouts are so versatile and can take on different flavours depending on how they're cooked. This unique (and low-carb) shaved brussels sprout black soy bean taco recipe take advantage of this fact, marrying the sweetness the brussels sprouts takes on when cooked with Mexican spicing and black soy beans for texture and added protein. Throw in some mashed avocado, homemade salsa and tasty cheese, and you've got a unexpected winner for taco tuesday!
Keto Shaved Brussels Sprout Black Soy Bean Tacos Recipe
- 9oz brussels sprouts, shaved
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons keto taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons water
- One 14 oz. can of black soy beans, drained and rinsed, drained and rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 8 keto wraps of choice (*Try my vegan flax tortillas, lettuce wraps, or almond flour tortillas if not vegan.)
- Keto salsa of choice (*Try my roast chipotle salsa or my instant salsa recipes.)
- Crumbled cotija, feta or Vegan nacho cheese
- Lime wedges (for garnish)
- Green onions, thinly sliced (for garnish)
Heat a large frying pan or skillet to medium-high heat. Add avocado oil, shaved brussels sprouts, and 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning, stirring until well coated. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring for 3 minutes, then add water and 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning, then stir well. Remove from heat. At the same time, using another pot, heat black beans until warm then stir in with the brussels sprouts.
Warm tortillas in the microwave or oven until flexible. Spread mashed avocado on the tortilla then add shaved brussels sprouts black bean mixture, salsa and your choice of cheese. Top with sliced green onions and serve.
Did you make this vegan keto shaved brussels sprout and black soy bean tacos recipe? If so, please let me know how it goes in the comments. Or if you share pics of your creations on Instagram, please tag me so I can see them. Enjoy! :)